Sunday, February 6, 2011

A splash of colour

Recently I noticed a brightly painted house not far from where I live. I was surprised I hadn’t noticed it before. Maybe it was freshly painted this past fall. Regardless, it certainly caught my attention. The blue is quite vibrant and while I can think of a few other blue houses in Ottawa this one appears to be the brightest. That started me thinking of other brightly painted houses around town.
Most downtown residents are familiar with the "six sisters", a group of colourful homes packed tightly together off Bank Street:


The Golden Triangle has several colourfully painted houses. This small yellow charmer is one of them.






Is there a more colourful house in Ottawa than the big pink house of Westboro? It’s tucked away in a quiet corner of the neighbourhood.



6 comments:

  1. gotta love those old unique houses! so much character in those types of hoods. got several like that in denver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unknown brothers, thanks. I agree. Most of our newer houses lack this type of old character. Nice to know they have such houses in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos...I used to live in a similar house on Bank. Homesick now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tabitha, thanks. It's especially nice to break up the winter blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink one in Westboro. Do you remember what street? I live here and have never seen it. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's on Ravenhill near Melbourne. Just west of Churchill.

    ReplyDelete